We are looking for two Tool Makers to provide support to Production and Engineering departments in the development of machines and product as required and provide tooling for existing machinery in line with product specifications and in accordance with production plan, company procedures and approved codes of practice.
To provide technical support for the continuous improvement and development of product.
Your main duties and responsibilities:
To be carried out in accordance with Quality Management System, Work Instructions, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), departmental and company procedures including but not limited to:
- Operate a range of Tool Room machines and equipment to a high level of skill – , milling, turning and grinding
- Ability to read & understand engineering drawings
- Work to tolerance
- Perform hand & bench fitting operations
- Manufacture of machine tooling to the required specifications and quality and devise manufacture routes for tools and machine components
- Assist production departments to maintain and refurbish machines and associated equipment and maintain accurate records
- Work across sites when required
- Monitor and accurately record quality in line with company procedures as laid down in Company’s Quality Management System and Work Instructions
- Carry out tooling refurbishment when required
- Maintain and refurbish machines and associated equipment in line with procedure and as designated by Head of Department and maintain accurate records
- Organise and maintain personal work area ensuring all work stations and areas are kept in a clean and safe condition
- Maintain work equipment in line with procedure and as designated by your line manager and maintain accurate records
- Ensure all work stations and areas are kept in a clean and safe condition
- To assist and make recommendations regarding departmental improvements to your line manager
- To attend section and company meetings as required
- Perform any other duties as reasonably required by your line manager, Heads of Department, Manager or a Director
- The role will have two shift patterns including night work
Communication, Attributes and Relationships
- Communicate and liaise with your deputy/deputies to ensure the smooth running of your role during times of absence and provide training to ensure the nominated deputy is able to perform the basic functions of your role to provide adequate cover.
- Attend, present and provide a positive contribution at meetings as necessary
- Communicate departments with any item that could affect lead times and other commercial factors.
- Strive to be efficient and helpful with internal and external contacts
- Maintain and develop good working relationships
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with external organisations, other departments and Group companies promoting the company in a positive light at all times
- Maintain an innovative approach to your work, looking to develop and suggest improvements
- Maintain behaviour, attitude and ethics in line with the Advanex Group Core Values and Advanex Ethics and Compliance Policy
- Maintain behaviour in line within the company policy of anti-discriminatory practice of equality and diversity throughout the company.
- Always promoting behaviour in ourselves and others that will take us towards being 1 in the World at what we do!
Here at Advanex Europe Ltd we specialise in creating engineering solutions from the precision metal components, springs and assemblies that we manufacture.
We work across a diverse range of markets including the medical, automotive and aerospace sectors.
We are a growing business and we have opportunities for people to grow with us.
We are passionate about what we do and the way we do it and we like to keep things simple.
Salary: Dependant on experience. Overtime and night shift premiums
- 25 days hols plus bank hols
- Eye test vouchers
- Pension scheme 5% employer contributions
- Life insurance cover
- Simply health plan
If this is your next job, please send your C.V. and a cover letter explaining why we should consider you for this position by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on the 4th October 2020.