Quality Engineer Lead – Southwell & Bilborough
Who we are
Working with Advanex Europe offers you the opportunity to join a dynamic, growing business where you can make a difference. Part of a global network spanning from North America to Japan, Advanex is a collaborative company which affords its employees opportunities to develop and flourish. We are an established manufacturing business specialising in precision engineering solutions, dedicated to being a leader in our field. We work across a diverse range of markets including the medical, automotive and aerospace sectors.
We pride ourselves on offering employees the potential to create change, supported by training and qualification opportunities. Your wellbeing is important to us and we support this through friendly colleagues, an excellent, safe work environment (we follow the 5S principles) and offer an employee assistance programme.
Being passionate about springs and metal pressings is not something we expect from everyone, but if you are passionate about putting your heart into making a difference, working with others to achieve outstanding results and acting with initiative to grow and learn, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer Lead to manage a team providing specialist quality engineering support to the quality function.
The responsibilities of this role will include but not be limited to:
- To lead the investigation of internal and external rejects and concerns.
- To lead product audit activities as required by company procedures.
- To ensure that any non-conforming product is controlled to prevent use.
- To ensure the analysis of inspection results to evaluate process performance.
- To assist in the monitoring of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- To perform day to day management duties of the QE team.
- To support the appropriate training and development of all personnel in quality standards and methods.
- To take a lead role in the promotion of company strategies and policies.
- To conduct team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations.
- To generate reports into non-conformance investigations to interested parties.
- To maintain required records in EFACS.
- To review, report and react to departmental KPI’s and feedback.
- To suggest and assist with improvement recommendations for the department or Company.
- To report any hazards or near misses using iAuditor.
- To always represent and promote our Company and our values in a positive light in line with Company policies.
- To perform any other duties as reasonably required by your Manager or a Director.
- To attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To perform role in line with Advanex Fundamentals whilst demonstrating Company Core values.
For this role, it is essential that you have the following:
- HND in quality or engineering
- Six Sigma green belt
- Structured problem solving / root cause analysis
- Good knowledge of inspection and inspection equipment.
- Analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills including presenting
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to facilitate change
- Negotiation skills
- Good people skills – ability to lead and motivate a team
- Attention to detail
- Statistical Process control (SPC)
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP)
- Degree in quality or engineering
- Six Sigma black belt
- Understanding of management systems
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Internal auditing
- Metallurgy knowledge
- Spring making knowledge
- Experience of working in a manufacturing or engineer business
- Internal auditing
- Project management experience
- Leadership / management qualification
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- A growing company
- Opportunities to develop and learn
- Excellent, safe work environment
- Supportive, skilled colleagues
- 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
- Eye test vouchers
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programme (including health)
- On-site canteen
How to apply
We will only accept applications in writing. Please send us a cover letter telling us, why you are interested in this role and why you feel you are suitable and attach your latest CV. The closing date for applications is 17/7/2022. Applications to be emailed to Katerina Dibb at firstname.lastname@example.org.