We are looking for an NPI Engineer to work cross functionally on customer driven and internal improvement projects, including Manufacturing Engineering, Product and Process Development, Project Management and Process Documentation.
Working on your own initiative you will have the desire to own your projects.
You will have full responsibility for:
- Planning, implementing, and coordinating customers new product introduction to the business to ensure a smooth delivery from initial contact to SOP.
- Support New Product Introduction by ensuring the correct procedures (customer and company) are followed through the development and release to production to meet all aspects of cost, quality, manufacturability, process capability, delivery for successful launch.
- Oversee defined work packages, including detailed instructions, drawings, bills of material, specifications, inspection requirements.
- Conform to overall quality control of the work and report regularly on project status.
- Support and / or manage customer meetings / discussions.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with internal department managers and operational teams.
- Use Problem Definition, Root Cause Analysis, Problem Solving Techniques and Failure Analysis to ensure high standard of NPI delivery
- Develop, oversee and seek continuous improvement of the NPI process e.g. conducting lessons learnt workshops.
- Prepare recommendations regarding existing or required machinery. Identify and drive efficient production, tooling and programming methods to ensure successful product delivery.
Here at Advanex Europe Ltd we specialise in creating engineering solutions from the precision metal components, springs and assemblies that we manufacture.
We work across a diverse range of markets including the medical, automotive and aerospace sectors.
We are a growing business and we have opportunities for people to grow with us.
We are passionate about what we do and the way we do it and we like to keep things simple.
If you have previous experience of working within a lean manufacturing organisation, with responsibilities for delivering actions to support the phased gated approach of new product introduction and have progressed onto managing the end to end process for new product introduction, this could be the job for you.
You must have
- Customer focussed approach
- Aerospace, Automotive or Medical background
- Full understanding of the NPI process needs and conversant with NPI techniques, requirements and process including APQP
- You will be able to demonstrate the delivery of successful projects; this might be many small projects or a small number of larger long-term projects
- Minimum qualification HND.
- Proficient using CAM.
- Proven project management skills.
- Worked within a lean manufacturing and continuous improvement environment.
- Knowledge of working to IATF16949 / AS9100 / ISO13485
Salary from £30,000
- 25 days hols plus bank hols
- Eye test vouchers
- Pension scheme 5% employer contributions
- Life insurance cover
- Simply health plan
If this is your next job, please send your C.V. and a cover letter explaining why we should consider you for this position by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Applications close on the 28th June 2020.