Machine Setter – circa £40k (potential for skilled person with shifts and overtime)
- Southwell and Bilborough, Nottinghamshire
- Permanent Role (Shifts)
- Full Training Provided
- Salary range – £10.80/hr training to £14.87/hr skilled
- Shift Work – addition premium for 2 shift working, (4.5 day shifts – finish 11.30am Friday, 4 night shifts)
- Overtime – additional premium rate for all overtime hours worked
- Annual Profit Bonus (based on company performance)
- Pension scheme (above average)
- Company Health Plan including includes cost reimbursement for dental, optical, physio etc.
Who we are
Working with Advanex Europe offers you the opportunity to join a dynamic, growing business where you can make a difference. Part of a global network spanning from North America to Japan, Advanex is a collaborative company which affords its employees opportunities to develop and flourish. We are an established manufacturing business specialising in precision engineering solutions, dedicated to being a leader in our field. We work across a diverse range of markets including the medical, automotive and aerospace sectors.
We pride ourselves on offering employees the potential to create change, supported by training and qualification opportunities. Your wellbeing is important to us and we support this through friendly colleagues, an excellent, safe work environment (we follow the 5S principles) and offer an employee assistance programme.
Being passionate about springs and metal pressings is not something we expect from everyone, but if you are passionate about putting your heart into making a difference, working with others to achieve outstanding results and acting with initiative to grow and learn, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for machine setters who will be at the forefront of our manufacturing process, creating products for sectors such as medical and aerospace.
You will be setting and operating designated equipment and machinery to manufacture product in line with quality specifications and in accordance with the production schedule. You will also assist and provide technical support for the continuous improvement and development of manufacturing processes.
You will be working as part of a team, with knowledgeable, supportive colleagues to provide our customers with first rate products.
For this role, it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Good mechanical skill set
- Machine timing experience
- Good time keeping and attendance
- Ability to maintain high standards
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Computer literate
- Works on own initiative
- Level 1 (or equivalent) English and Maths
You should have experience of the following:
- Maintenance and monitoring of machines, to make sure they function properly
- Tooling adjustment/replacement
- Measuring components (e.g. Measurlink software)
- Complying with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards
- Providing quality product to customer specification
- Experience of using EFACS advantageous
What we can offer you
- A growing company
- Opportunities to develop and learn
- Clean, safe work environment
- Supportive, skilled colleagues
- 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
- Overtime (Mon-Sat paid at time-and-a-half; Sunday paid at double time)
- Night shift premium (paid at time-and-a-third)
- Discretionary annual bonus (based on company performance)
- Pension scheme (5% employer contribution)
- 4x death in service payment
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee assistance programme with SimplyHealth (free counselling, GP appointments, cost reimbursement for dental, optical, physio etc.)
- On-site canteen
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover Letter to Cathy Munro at email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you.