Logistics Operative (Bilborough)
Advanex Europe is looking for a Logistics Operative To assist production by ensuring the safe and efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of warehouse materials, goods and products to fulfil operational and customer demands in lines with product plans and company procedures.
We are looking for someone who can provide a comprehensive service to the business, whilst promoting a positive, service-focused culture to enable us to BE BRILLIANT!
- Immediate Start
- Based in Bilborough
- Full Time, Permanent
- £10.40 – £10.70/hour (depending on experience)
- Discretionary annual bonus (based on company performance)
- 5 hours a week, working hours 8am to 4:30pm (Monday to Thursday), 8am to 1:30pm (Flexibility around start and finish time if needed)
- Overtime is paid at time-and-half for any hours during weekdays and Saturdays and double time on Sundays (if required)
- 5% Company Pension contribution
- Eye Care Vouchers
- 25 days of holiday + statutory Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Scheme with SimplyHealth (Free counselling, GP online consultations, cost reimbursement for dental, optical, GP appointments etc.)
- 4x Death in Service payment
- Clean working environment (supplying medical market)
- Global company with longstanding history
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Record goods information accurately and in line with company procedures, the Quality Management System and specific work instructions, ensuring discrepancies are reported to Line Manager in a timely manner.
- Prepare, complete and deliver orders according to customer schedules, either by carriers or using company vehicles.
- Consistently maintain effective stock control within the company reporting system.
- Raise Purchase Orders for secondary operations (sub-contractors; Plater / Heat Treatment; Coaters).
- Carry out general customer support duties for internal and external requirements.
- Maintain work equipment, procedures and accurate records.
- Keep company vehicles clean and tidy and maintain accurate records.
- Ensure all workstations and areas are kept in a clean and safe condition.
- Assist by suggesting any department improvements to line manager.
- Always promote the company in a positive light, especially while delivering goods or with outside agencies or sub-contractors.
- Assist with training of colleagues within the department.
- Attend section and company meetings as required.
- To suggest and assist with improvement recommendations for the department or Company.
- To report any hazards or near misses using iAuditor.
- To always represent and promote our Company and our values in a positive light in line with Company policies.
- To perform any other duties as reasonably required by your Manager or a Director.
- To attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To perform role in line with Advanex Fundamentals whilst demonstrating Company Core values.
- Level 1 Math’s and English or equivalent.
- Counterbalance and Powered Pallet Truck Certification.
- Computer literate.
- Good communication skills
- Experience in working within a team environment.
- Ability to organise and prioritize workload.
- Confident to prompt/highlight issues and suggest resolutions.
- Good Documentation Practice (GDP) and
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- General housekeeping within a manufacturing environment.
- Following and adhering to work instructions ensuring audit compliance.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to follow instructions and processes.
- GCSE’s (A-C grades including Math’s and English) or equivalent.
- Previous medical process knowledge
- Experience within manufacturing industry
- Experience with operating machinery
- Ability to multitask and work towards deadlines
If this feels like it could be your next job, we would love to hear from you. Please email your C.V. and a cover letter explaining why we should consider you for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
*This position is available only to applicants with the right to work in the UK